Friday 2 January 2009

Loony Dook!

Hope everyone had a great New Year. I stayed sober 'cos I had plans to take part in the Loony Dook on the 1st - a bunch of us jumped into the freezing cold River Forth to raise money for Breakthrough Breast Cancer. Mum did it last year & was the first to sign up to do it again so I did it in her memory - it's amazing what seems a good idea when you've had a drink!

This is my Auntie Holda (mum's sister) holding me in the water!

closeup1

I even lost a shoe! My feet were totally numb & I didn't even feel it come off. I certainly wasn't going back in to look for it :0D

On a crafting front, I've been having fun with my spinning wheel & have spun up some Falkland roving into this -

falkland

which is in the process of being crocheted into a headband - pics to follow soon.

S x

1 comment:

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Wow, you really spun this? It's beautiful. I have been spinning for some time and mine is not as fine as yours. How did you ply it?
The colors are amazing. Did you dye it yourself too?
Thanks for stopping by to join my Birds of Change Giveaway.